Address: 500 NE Main St.
The Estacada Auditorium is located in the Estacada Middle School, at the southeast corner of NE Main St. and NE 6th St.in Estacada (at the north end of the school). Free parking is available along the streets adjacent to the Auditorium or in the Estacada High School parking lot, located just north of the Auditorium across NE 6th Street.
A Brief History of the Construction & Renovation of the Estacada Auditorium
The auditorium was built in 1936, as part of the original Estacada Union High School. This was a WPA (Works Progress Administration) project, constructed of concrete, masonry, and old-growth lumber from the woods surrounding Estacada. The facility was large enough to house a significant portion of the community’s population. It had a tin-lined motion picture projection booth to show motion pictures. The booth still remains in the back of the balcony. Beneath the auditorium house was a primitive shooting gallery.
It is the largest auditorium facility in Clackamas County, with a seating capacity of 850. With the exception of some minor alterations over the years, it had not been renovated until 2002, when it became part of the work resulting from passage of a school district-wide $25.4 million bond levy. It is the largest and most architecturally significant, publicly owned building in our community.
School bond-related renovation work
- Structural upgrades to the stage and stage roof, including increasing the strength of the entire building structure to resist earthquakes.
- Renovations to the mechanical system.
- Renovations to the electrical and house lighting systems.
- Accessibility upgrades, including increased handicapped seating and hearing assistance.
- Enhancements to the acoustical characteristics of the space.
- Partially upgraded theatrical rigging system.
- Upgrades to the fire sprinkler system.
At the same time bond-related construction was on going, a private fund raising effort was initiated to raise additional funds for further enhancements, which were outside of the school bond levy parameters. The purpose of these enhancements was to transform the auditorium into a space that will be utilized by the entire community, for a broad spectrum of fine arts activities. These enhancements included:
- New carpeting in the house
- New sound system
- Stage lighting system enhancements
- Upholstering of the seats
- A new digital projection system with screen.
- All renovations were completed by late summer of 2003. In its first year of use following the remodel, over 11,000 people attended performances within its walls.
ADA Accessibility at the Auditorium
The following services are provided in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act:
- Wheelchair accessible seating. Accessible seating is reserved for patrons using wheelchairs and their companions.
- ADA restrooms are available in the Middle School.
- A ramp is provided at the north side (6th Street side) of the Auditorium for access into, and egress out of, the Auditorium House space.
Estacada Together is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to ensuring a strong cultural arts presence in the community by supporting the Estacada Auditorium through advocacy, fund raising, and region-wide community outreach.
Mission: Estacada Together's mission is to enrich our community through arts education and the performing arts. Visit their website here: estacadatogether.org.
Seating for 816, the largest in Clackamas County
The latest in audio/visual equipment
816 Seat Capacity with newly refurbished padded seating
48 Channel DMX lighting system (Theatrical or Manual Control)
Two spot lights
Digital projection system w/separate sub-woofer 1,000 watt amplification/CD, tape, mini disk, VCR and DVD available
Wireless microphones available
Motor controlled fly gallery for up to 15' scene drops (4 available)
Intercom communication between all control areas
Stage specifications include 40'-0" Wide X 15'-0" High proscenium and a 26'-0" Deep X 67'-0" Width Overall (Please refer to accompanying plan)
Adjustable and demountable stage extension with various set up configurations (47'-0" Wide X 8'-0" Deep), which is located at the front of the stage (Please refer to accompanying plan)
5 Choir riser sections (4 step), additional risers available upon request
Technical assistance or training available-Required for use of sound and theatrical lighting systems
Separate dressing rooms with rest room facilities for up to 25 women and 15 men, including a "Green Room" with an additional capacity of 30 persons
Up to 50 music stand are available
For stage specifications and layouts, please refer to the PDF files below.